Updated January 27, 2020
• take into account the introduction of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation on May 25, 2018;
• clarify the manner in which your personal data is collected used and stored;
• explain the manner in which you may have access to your personal data and;
• explain how cookies operate when you interact with us online.
Bucom International, 325 West Huron St., Suite 712, Chicago, IL is meeting and incentive planning company which provides marketing and meeting management services to corporate clients (the “Client”).
It is Bucom International’s utmost concern to constantly improve its services in order to best meet the needs of its Clients. To this end, Bucom International may collect and store certain information, including personal data of people like you. Bucom International takes the protection of your personal data very seriously in all of its business processes. This Data Protection Statement is meant to help you understand how data are collected, processed and stored to meet legal requirements and Bucom International’s data protection standards.
It will be very difficult and in most countries even impossible for Bucom International to provide you services if you refuse to allow Bucom International to process your data. For this reason, by providing personal data to Bucom International, you agree to be legally bound by and explicitly consent to this Data Protection Statement, as it may be amended from time to time. If you do not agree to this Data Protection Statement or cannot form a legally binding contract, Bucom International would not be able to process your personal data.
1. Scope of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement applies to all services offered by Bucom International.
This Data Protection Statement does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals. This Data Protection Statement does not cover the information practices of other companies and organizations who advertise Bucom International services or any third party operating any website to which the Bucom International website or other digital asset may contain a link.
2. Data collected and method of collection
2.1 In general
Bucom International collects general and personal data concerning you from:
you when you provide your details to Bucom International;
its Clients (in such cases, Client must ensure that it is entitled to disclose such data and that you are aware of the various matters detailed in this Data Protection Statement);
participants at Client’s meetings and events organized by Bucom International;
users of Bucom International’s or Client’s websites; and third parties (such as online service provider or single sign on authority).
Following the reception of the data, an electronic profile is created in Bucom International’s proprietary tools for each person or entity (the “Contact Profile”).
The Contact Profile may contain but is not limited to:
organization or company of employment and/or job title;
field of activity and/or interest;
other communicated preferences;
2.2 Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
to enable certain functions of the website,
to provide analytics,
to store your preferences and personalize the content,
to improve the user experience
to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising to share on social networks
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
For Internet ExplorerTM : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows- internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
For SafariTM : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For ChromeTM : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
For FirefoxTM : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info- websites-stored
For OperaTM : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some features of the Bucom International website may not work properly, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
2.3 Google Analytics
To find out more about Google Analytics privacy policies or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3. Purpose of data collection
Bucom International uses the data collected to provide, maintain, protect and improve the overall quality of its services. Data collection is also meant to protect Bucom International and its users. Bucom International does not collect more data than is necessary to fulfil such purposes.
In addition to creating Contact Profiles, Bucom International uses your data for the following purposes and for which you give your consent:
1. a) Bookings: The Contact Profiles are stored in a database as a reference document to be consulted each time a booking is to be made. When a booking is made, Bucom International creates a booking code that contains all of the personal data along with the booking information that is needed to fulfil your request and to fulfil regulatory requirements for certain destinations. To make bookings, Bucom International might need to transfer personal data to various third-party travel suppliers (such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, online booking tool companies, safety and security tracking providers and computer booking systems) within your home country or in another country where you may be traveling and often also to government bodies for certain destinations.
2. b) Consolidation of travel data: At the request of a Client, Bucom International or a third party may prepare information reports that summarize and analyze the expenditures per destination, per travel supplier, etc. Such reports which may include certain personal data from your Contact Profile are then submitted to the requesting Client.
3. c) Compliance with travel policy: At the request of a Client, Bucom International may report on your compliance with the event compliance policy, budget compliance policy or travel policy of such Client and identify any exceptions to the compliance.
4. d) New products and services: With the goal of improving services and based on the data given to Bucom International may send you additional information related to your current or future event(s) and/or trip(s). An example might be a list of restaurants near a specific hotel in the destination city or parking facilities at the departure airport.
5. e) Promotion and marketing: Bucom International may use your data to personalize your experience on the Bucom International website by presenting advertisements that are more relevant to you, to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our services, case studies, thought leadership or whitepapers, blog updates, etc.
6. f) Technical data: Bucom International, or third parties instructed by Bucom International, evaluate this data purely for statistical purposes and only in an anonymized form, in order to optimize Bucom International’s website and increase user-friendliness, efficiency and safety. Bucom International may in particular use technical data to measure the success of Bucom International marketing campaigns, compile statistics about Bucom International website usage and response rates, and use aggregated personal data calculate the percentage of Bucom International users who have a particular telephone area code.
7. g) Other purposes: Bucom International may use your data as Bucom International believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Bucom International’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect Bucom International’s operations; (f) to protect Bucom International’s rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Bucom International to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Bucom International may sustain.
Bucom International will ask your consent before using data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Statement subject to mandatory laws.
4. Duration of storage
General and personal data ply with legal requirements under applicable laws or with inquiries from Clients on past events or travel activities. Bucom International will retain general and personal data during a maximum period of five years if no specific legal requirement. You may cancel/delete your Bucom International data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org be kept by Bucom International only as long as reasonably necessary taking into consideration its need to answer queries or resolve problems, to provide improved and new services and to com
5. Location of storage and controller of data base
The Contact Profiles that Bucom International maintains are stored in a cloud-based central database at a third-party provider’s location in the United States.
6. Your duties
You must ensure that the data you provide us with are:
compliant with any applicable laws.
In particular, since Bucom International will mainly use email communications with you, you are required to notify us of any modification of your email address.
Bucom International is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Bucom International does not target the digital asset to children less than fourteen (14) years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services.
7. Transfer and communication of data
7.1 In general
Bucom International is a Chicago based company that conducts business throughout the world. Your personal data may therefore be transferred to and outside of the United States. You hereby agree and give your consent to Bucom International to transfer and communicate your data as follows:
1. a) Transfer to third-parties: Bucom International works with certain third parties to obtain support services in connection with travels, meetings and events services and/or other Bucom International services to its Clients, such as emergency online booking services, hotel booking services, ground transportation requirements or airline ticket issuance, badge provider and, in some cases, personal data will be shared with these third parties in order to pursue Bucom International’s mission and goals. Bucom International may also transfer personal data to third parties at the request of its Clients. For example, for data consolidation or emergency tracking services. Bucom International may transfer your data to third parties for promotion and marketing purposes as outlined under 3e) above. Bucom International may also transfer your data to a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Bucom International business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Prior to a transfer, third-parties are required to sign a data transfer agreement with Bucom International that requires them to follow the applicable data protection laws.
2. c) Regulatory transfers: Bucom International may be required by law to transfer data to governments and regulatory and/or supervisory authorities.
7.2. Electronic transfer of data
If you visit Bucom International’s website your data will be transported via an open publicly accessible network. This involves notably the risk that your data may be intercepted and read by third parties, allowing such third parties to infer an already existing or future business relationship between you and Bucom International.
Furthermore, you are notified that information you transmit or allow to be transmitted to you by Bucom International via an electronic medium, in particular via e-mail, SMS, contact forms, etc. are usually unencrypted and therefore neither confidential nor secure. Even in the event of an encrypted transmission, sender and recipient remain unencrypted in each case. Third parties may therefore be able to infer an existing or future business relationship between you and Bucom International.
8. Security and organizational measures
To ensure the safety of your data on Bucom International’s website and systems, Bucom International has implemented appropriate technical, contractual, administrative, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, unauthorized access, accidental or unlawful disclosure and manipulation. These measures are subject to continuous development in accordance with technological progress and are periodically reviewed to comply with all applicable privacy laws. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal data and therefore cannot assume any liability in this respect.
Only authorized Bucom International staff, third party companies’ (i.e. service providers) staff or our Clients’ authorized staff (who have contractually agreed to keep all information secure) have access to your personal data. All Bucom International staff who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the staff confidentiality regulations and all third-party employees who have access to your personal data have signed non-disclosure agreements. In addition, data transfer agreements are in place with third-party companies that have access to your personal data to make sure these data remain secure.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to request access to, rectification of your Data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing, as well as the right to data portability to the extent applicable. Moreover, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to have your personal data that is stored by Bucom International blocked and deleted, unless Bucom International has to keep these data for legitimate business or legal purposes. For more information, you should contact the Data Protection Officer at the above-mentioned e-mail address.
To contact Bucom International with questions or issues about Bucom International’s data processing, you should contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Bucom International gives you many choices regarding Bucom International’s use and disclosure of your personal data for marketing purposes. By contacting the Data Protection Officer at the above-mentioned e-mail address, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages from Bucom International and request that we not share your personal data with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. Bucom International will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, Bucom International will not be able to remove your personal data from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which Bucom International has already shared your personal data (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal data as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Bucom International, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
This Statement may be revised and updated by Bucom International from time to time to comply with statutory data protection and privacy laws. Bucom International will post any statement changes on its website and, if the changes are significant, Bucom International will send a notice to the e-mail address provided in your Contact Profile.
If you need further assistance, please contact Darlene Krammer at firstname.lastname@example.org.